Monday, December 26, 2011

Favorite Projects and Posts from 2011

It’s hard to believe another year is nearly over.  And, it’s been another great one out there in Blogland - - so many wonderful and creative projects, room re-dos and makeovers shared by some very talented bloggers.  We did some redecorating in our home in the last few months and I shared some new decorating and simple projects here that received some kind comments.  Thank you all!

We redecorated the den recently, painting the walls a deeper, warmer color, and purchased all new furniture.  I also received many nice comments on my Summer mantle, very simple and organic. I created some inexpensive, practical wall art that anyone can easily make and I shared some favorite photos I’ve taken this year, while I’m learning all I can on photography and how to take better pictures.  But, first, the den re-do.

You know I’m not afraid of color and the deep caramel walls made the room so much warmer and welcoming. You can read more on the den re-do at my post Den Makeover Part One, where I share the paint color I chose, show the new furniture we purchased and explain why I chose the furniture arrangement I did. I was going for comfy and cozy, and I think we got it.  I will have more pictures of my completed den to post soon.

CIMG6937

Here’s the cozy reading corner I created and my favorite “blogging spot”. 

CIMG6924

CIMG6966 - Copy (2)

I love this lamp - - for height, for interest and it provides warm light for reading.

CIMG7206

And a cozy throw that perfectly matches the Pottery Barn drapes I chose keeps me warm on chilly evenings.

CIMG6990

I shared my Summer mantle, where I mixed a little green with a little color.  The artwork I chose for over my living room mantle works wonderfully with the wall color and the Pottery Barn drapes in our living room.  It incorporates all the colors I wanted and looks different depending on the lighting in the room.  Here, natural sunlight hits the canvas, lighting it as though daylight is breaking through the birch trees. Go here to see more of my Summer Mantle.

CIMG5509

I used natural elements - - birch logs, a green plant, moss balls and moss birds’ nests - - in some unique metal containers I found in the perfect color for this room.

CIMG3765

CIMG5470

When I needed some new artwork for one of our guest bedrooms, I put together a couple matching frames, simple and inexpensive - - and just what I needed to add some interest to a wall by the bed.  I used purchased white frames and scrapbook paper to create this simple artwork.  You can link to this post Wall Art that Won't Break the Budget for more details.

CIMG4143 CIMG4156

These next two posts from 2011 seemed to generate a lot of interest AND lots of pins to Pinterest . . . both very creative projects that I came upon and shared here on my blog. The first, this “reading carousel”, appealed to lot of readers as a great project for a child’s room.  The second very popular post featured a unique coffee table created from cut birch logs using standard tools. 

You can read about the book carousel at my post A Fairy Tale Before and After.

spool-30771295 

And see the complete list of supplies and step by step instructions on how to create this birch coffee table here at Birch Coffee Table How-To.

birch 

You’ll find more pins from my blog here.

I shared some photos I took of some of my favorite spots at the lake near where we live. I need more practice to take better pictures, but the subject matter was spectacular - -  blue sky and gorgeous color this Summer and Fall.  The lake is my go-to place for my peace and quiet, in any season.

CIMG6030

CIMG6046

These are a few highlights from Love Where You Live over the last year.  I hope maybe you were inspired by a few of my projects or decorating ideas.  I’ve enjoyed very much seeing all of your creative projects and visiting your lovely homes.  I’m looking forward to much more creativity and inspiration in the months to come. Thanks so much for visiting me here. You’re welcome back anytime. 

jb smile

Linking to:

Between Naps on the Porch

Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style

Southern Hospitality's 2011 Projects Link Party

Fridays Unfolded at Stuff and Nonsense

Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

SNS at Funky Junk Interiors

4 comments:

  1. You could also call this post "All the ways I embrace my love for trees."--I love trees, too, so I noticed them especially. You have created a lovely home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and functional too. I love your cozy corner and I adore that lamp..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really interesting and informative images. You've certainly outlined your subject with a detailed and comprehensive manner. Some of these links are amazing, love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...