Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Little Bit of Christmas 2012

‘Tis the season once again, time to decorate our homes in the spirit of the holidays.  I’m attempting to keep things simple this year.  I’m using natural elements, more in keeping with the warm colors in my home, and adding a few bright spots of color here and there.

Today, I’m joining in the Holiday House Walk over at JenniferRizzo.com and The Christmas House Link Party at The Inspired Room.  Much appreciation to all the gals hosting holiday home parties this season, thank you for the opportunity to share in the holiday fun. The talent, time spent and attention to detail of each participant is evident at every stop.  Each and every one is very unique, special and inspiring, and my hat’s off to so many of you who create magic in your homes, not just for the holidays and not just for sharing here, but who create warmth, comfort and security all year around for those you care so much about. Every home is beautiful - - as long as that kind of love is evident.

Welcome to my home for the holidays.  Please take a moment to let me know if you enjoy your visit.

DSC03804

Mercury glass vases hold my mini evergreen trees.  A package wrapped in craft paper and tied with a brown satin ribbon adds to this sofa-table vignette.  The framed First Noel and Silent Night I downloaded last year from Jennifer at Dear Lillie.  As always, Jennifer’s home is impeccably decorated for the holidays again this season.  You can visit Jennifer’s lovely holiday home here.

IMG_2107

The opposite living room side table.

IMG_2262

IMG_2264

I’m displaying my Pottery Barn bronze NOEL sign on the mantle again this season.  It’s very rustic and it just makes such a statement.  I’m so pleased that many of you have “pinned” photos of my mantle and this sign onto Pinterest.  It’s a unique and timeless piece.

IMG_2190

I ordered new stockings from Pottery Barn this year, green velvet with brown monograms.  We welcomed our first grandbaby in October and I wanted her to have a brand new stocking of her very own.  She’s such a precious little thing and we can’t wait to celebrate Christmas this year with her in our arms.

IMG_2101

IMG_2238

My dining room gets a splash of holiday red.  I have so many beautiful holiday books, I decided to include some in my decorating.  It’s so relaxing, taking them off the shelf at this time of year, and enjoying the gorgeous photos of holiday decor and all the yummy treats of the season.

IMG_2144

IMG_2139

IMG_2369

IMG_2166

I love my one little white snowman and I find a place for him every year.  I’ve paired him with my white candle trees from Pottery Barn and this seasonal print that I ordered from Sasha at Lemonade Makin' Mama.  If you haven’t visited her blog, I highly recommend it.  Not only is she very talented and offers some wonderful items in her Etsy store, she always writes from the heart and her posts are so honest and often easy to relate to.

IMG_2158

For my dining room table, I filled this black wooden box with greenery, mercury glass ornaments from PB and two small burlap pillows I ordered recently from a wonderful little shop on Etsy, Ramona Owen Designs.  If you like these, you’ll find more holiday pillows and other seasonal and everyday pillows at RamonaOwenDesigns.com.  They’re very well made and came packaged so cute.  A very simple arrangement and I love the red.

IMG_2468

IMG_2486

I laid some garland and a Pottery Barn mercury ball on my entry table just inside the kitchen door.

IMG_2254 

IMG_2250

In this corner of our den, I simply filled a basket with lighted greens and pinecones.  A birch candle adds a touch of the season.

IMG_2089

IMG_2082

Traditionally, we put our Christmas tree in the living room near the fireplace, but this year, since we spend so much time in our den, I set it up in there near a front window.  Now, we can see the white lights twinkling from the outside of the house.  I chose warm copper ornaments, shiny and matte copper glass balls, copper acorns and pinecones and some crystal icicles for sparkle.  I tucked a few miniature gift boxes tied with sheer copper ribbon here and there.  I think I like the tree in this new spot.

IMG_2337

And the true reason of the season.  My Willow Tree Nativity always has a special place on the entry table in the living room, so that each time we pass by we’re reminded what Christmas is all about.

IMG_2277

 photo (12)(Instagram pic of our first measureable snowfall)

The outside lights are up on the house, we just need more white stuff on the ground to make it seem like Christmas really is just around the corner!  

Oh, before I go, you must visit the holiday home of Laura at Finding Home. She has a special knack for decorating, not just during the holidays but in any season and her home reflects her wonderful taste and unique talent. She is always so gracious and I know you’ll enjoy your visit.  Tell her “Just B” sent you!  :)

Happy Holidays, everyone!  Stop by and visit me here anytime.

holly use

P.S.  Here’s our little peanut - - she’s so special and we adore her already.  She and my family are the only Christmas gifts I need. 

IMG_2045

Linking to:

Savvy Southern Style

The Lettered Cottage

The_Lettered_Cottage

Jennifer Rizzo Holiday House Walk

pGtLbc

Southern Hospitality

Southern_Hospitality_Blog

Christmas House Tours at The Inspired Room

christmas-linky-parade-button-the-inspired-room1

Holiday Home Tour at Cottage Magpie

23 comments:

  1. I love your big Noel. My husband is an artist so we have paintings everywhere. I'm not complaining, but I sure love that Noel and would like something like it on my mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh, i'd like to curl up in a cozy corner and crack open those books!

    if you haven't already stopped by, it would be a pleasure to have you take a peek at my giveaway: http://www.hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/12/personalized-lovely-giveaway.html

    i hope you win!

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness what a precious child.....And as you say that's the true meaning of Christmas....A Precious Child given to us! Your home is beautiful. Have a wonderful Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. B - it looks lovely and so warm and welcoming. I hope you are well! Take care, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful home. I love the vignette of the Christmas books with the mini boxwood wreath--Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joining you at Jennifer Rizzo's Party! What a lovely decorated Christmas home you have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the basket with the christmas books! makes me want to curl up with one in your cozy home! hopping in from jen rizzo's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, everything looks absolutely beautiful and so inviting! I truly enjoyed my tour of your lovely home and holiday decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Christmas Home tour. Looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Christmas decor is so pretty! LOVE those stockings!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love your little peanut! Babies are just so precious ... is there anything better in this world than a sweet, innocent newborn? Thanks for sharing your Christmas decor. I love that big NOEL sign!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have a beautiful home and I love the curtain rod idea with the stockings! May just have to share that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your home is so warm and welcoming for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love, love your noel sign above the mantel. What a beautiful little peanut you have there indeed.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh your home is so pretty. Thank your for letting us take a peek!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty. I especially like your Nativity and the arrangements with greenery.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your home is beautiful and everything is so neat and classic! I love the warmth it exudes, but most precious is that sweet little baby!! Coming over from Jen Rizzo's party and new follower, Christie at Three Pixie Lane

    ReplyDelete
  19. B,
    found your blog at Jen's Christmas tour, your Christmas decorations are lovely, simple and classic! The Noel over the mantle is my favorite, just bought pare mache letters to make the same word in medium size. I'm your newest follower and would love for you to visit me!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  20. B,
    forgot to say that your "little nugget" is adorable! Just had my first grandbaby, a girl, in July, she's 5 mos old and I love her to death!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! I love how subtle everything is. Right now, I'm forced to have very bold holiday décor because that's what my kids love. Someday I hope to do something a bit more subtle and neutral. Thanks for the inspiration! Visiting for the Inspired Room.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...