Friday, December 13, 2013

2013 A Simple, Nature-Inspired Christmas

Happy Holidays, everyone! Welcome to our home.
 
photo (12)
Many thanks to Jennifer at jenniferrizzo.com, Kelly at KellysKorner and The Nester for so graciously hosting these house parties. I’m just back from touring many of the beautiful and festive holiday homes on this year’s Home Tours. The creativity, the imagination and the amount of work that all of you have put into decorating for the Christmas season is nothing short of remarkable. So many beautiful homes and cozy, welcoming spaces.

My holiday decor is fairly simple and is inspired by elements and the neutrals of Nature.  My home isn’t white and bright like many I’m seeing, but the colors I’ve chosen for our home are warm and cozy, especially this time of year, when it’s so cold outdoors.
 
In our living room, the stockings are hung with care underneath the bronze NOEL sign I purchased from Pottery Barn a couple of years ago.  I just love it hanging over the fireplace. The green and cream velvet stockings, and my living room drapes, are from pottery Barn as well. 
photo 1 (3)
I purchased the bronze reindeer stocking holders from PB, placed them on the mantle and hung our stockings from a bronze curtain rod.  I love this idea for hanging my decor without poking holes or attaching hooks to the mantle itself.
 
photo 2 (3)
Mini evergreen trees, simply wrapped packages and mercury glass ornaments decorate each side table.
 
photo (12)

image (25)

photo 1 (11)
 
photo 3 (7)
 
I put together this arrangement of some greens, birch logs, pinecones and mercury glass to add a festive touch to the buffet in my dining room.  The white lights on the twig snowflake from Pottery Barn cast a warm glow at the end of the room.
 
image (29)

photo 2 (4) photo 1 (5) image (30) photo 1 (7) image (33)

photo 1 (8)

White lights and a  mercury glass globe sparkle on this entry table.
 
photo (14)
 
Our tree is adorned in shades of copper, shiny and matte copper ornaments, acorns and crystal icicles.
 
IMG_2337_thumb
 
And the true reason for the season.
 
photo 3 (3)

I hope your enjoyed your visit to my holiday home. 
From our home to yours, Happy Holidays!
 
photo (12)

holly use
 
Linking to:
 

 
 
Jennifer-Rizzo-link-party-button-Holiday-300x300

kellys

6 comments:

  1. Everything is so pretty! I love your color scheme and of course, that dusting of snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of hanging stocking off a curtain rod. I've never seen it before, but love how put together it makes everything feel.

    And just letting you know, I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore all the natural elements and the framed songs. Is the nativity from Willow Tree? I'm looking for something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the warm, rich colors in your home! You're right, so cozy! Thank you for sharing your gorgeous home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you've done in your home - so very tasteful!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...