Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Be a Blessing

I was told recently by a friend that she believes God puts people in our lives for a reason.  That she believes we cross paths with certain people over the span of our lifetime because God deems that it be so.  I agreed, saying that I too believe He does just that.  And then she told me that for her, I was one of those people.  Me.  I was overwhelmed. 

We’ve known each other for less than a year.  She’s more the friend of a friend of mine, but I’ve gotten to know her better over the last few months.  When we have spent time together, we talk of family, raising children, aging parents.  We talk about our faith.  When I’m inspired by something I read, a book, a blog post, an encouraging quote or perhaps a song I heard, I might share that with her, print out the article or send her the link. 

Because I believe we should be a blessing to others, whenever and however we can, however small.  It’s just that simple.

I recently wrote and published a book, a collection of inspirational writings.  She was one of the very first to purchase one.  She uses words like joyful, entertaining, encouraging and uplifting to describe my book.  She’s already purchased at least a dozen more to gift to family members and friends. I’m so grateful.

Our exchange that day was very brief. She told me she believed that God has put me in her path, put my book in her hands, that she appreciated knowing me and she gave me a warm hug.

Funny, I’m the one who feels beyond blessed. 

10899616344_a7cd0b4287_o

Source

Linking to:

Tuesdays Unwrapped at Chatting at the Sky

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...